1. Choose a color theme. Commit to a 2-3 color theme for decorations. You will have a much easier time putting everything together and creating an effortlessly chic look.
2. Create a playlist of holiday music. Put all of your favorite holiday jingles on your iPod to set the mood, then have it softly playing in the background - on repeat.
3. Choose a signature cocktail. Stick to one signature holiday cocktail and designate an area where guests can serve themselves. This way you are free to go about and mingle with your guests. Of course have a bottle or two of wine, beer and a non-alcoholic beverage such as sparkling cider on hand for those who don't care for the signature cocktail.
4. Serve light bites. If you are hosting your party in the evening people will all ready have eaten so keep it simple by serving light bites.
5. Plan your outfit a week or two prior to the event. Once those invitations have gone out your next task is to choose what you are going to wear. Remember you set the tone for your holiday fete so wear something sparkly that will get your guests in a bright and celebratory mood the moment they walk in. Cheers!
Check out this adorable behind the scenes video by Adore Home Magazine for their "Rooftop Rendezvous" editorial I hope it gives you tons of inspiration and gets you into the party spirit
(photos: WHI, R29, Shopbop)