Saturday, September 10, 2011

NYFW SS-2012: Day 2

CYNTHIA ROWLEY
Photobucket
The Cynthia Rowley show was absolutely mesmerizing and not just because of the Gold runway which was absolutely beautiful!!! I loved the set design and the lighting design just as much as I loved the clothing, it was like watching a jewelry box come to life. The mix of some of the futuristic accessories like the sun glasses with the reflective lenses paired with the more tailored, lady-like dresses were right up my alley.

NICOLE MILLER
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nicole Miller was inspired by sunsets and the angles created when light hits the water. The result, an exuberant and joyous garments that had me smiling from ear to ear from the moment the first look walked the runway all the way until the end. Multicolored leggings, dresses with cut out blocks of color, flowing trenches with bright inset panels, neon pipping, and geometric patterns were the embodiment of this collection. This collection had me feeling like I was walkin' on sunshine :D

(photos: screenshots from the live Cynthia Rowley and Nicole Miller shows)

No comments: