Friday, September 9, 2011

NYFW SS-2012: Day 1

Photobucket
Photobucket

Fashion week kicked off today with the oceanic inspired collection of Nicholas K. I wasn't to familiar with the brand but I instantly fell in love from the moment the first garment walked the runway. I loved the way the designers transitioned their color story from light to dark, with a smorgasbord of hues from whites, creams, khaki, muted roses, greys and blues it was simply divine. I think I may have been a little biased because the collection also reminded me of the pieces I'm working on for my dark waters collection (which totally warmed my heart). The mix of asymmetrical hems, mixed with layered sheers, chunky heels, and relaxed harem pants would be the perfect pairing to the pieces I'm making now and I love the juxtaposition of mixing relaxed fabrication with edgy construction. All in all a great start to the week's festivities

Photobucket
Photobucket

Up next was BCBGMAXAZRIA. I was happy to see that the color-blocking trend is still here to stay and it was a beautiful pairing with the light weight flowing fabrics of the dresses which were the epitome of "easy, breezy". Geometric shapes, modern tribal patterns, and high side splits were my favorite elements in this collection.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Lastly was Tadashi Shoji the collection began with the bright washes of color on structured cocktail dress that almost felt like a garden party and gradually moved into shimmering evening wear mixed with pleated sheer fabric and lace overlaying nude material
(Photos: screenshots of todays live streams from Nicholas K, BCBGMAXAZRIA, TADASHI Shoji)

No comments: